Hiring a Tiling Contractor
If you are looking to find a tiler to help you with your tiling project, finding the right tiler for the job requires a bit of preparation. Here are all of the basic details that you need to know about tilers in order to find someone to help you with your job.
- Measuring and laying out tiles
- Preparing surfaces for tiling
- Applying tiles using the correct adhesives
- Cutting tiles using special tools
- Ensuring that tiles are properly spaced and even
- Tile resurfacing and removal
- Preparation, application or removal of grout
- Cleaning tile and grout
- Application of waterproofing
What Do Tilers Do?
Tilers can perform a range of tasks, which can include:
Can tilers Save You Money?
As tilers often have relationships with different suppliers, they can usually negotiate a better rate on tiles than you can hope to get as a retail customer. This is called trade pricing. You may want to take advantage of this to save money on the overall cost of the tiling job. Good tilers also work efficiently cutting down labour costs, which also reduces the overall cost.
Selecting a Tiler
A tiler will help your tiling project to run much more smoothly. Before hiring a tiler, it is very important to first ask to see details of their qualifications, references and experience, not to mention that they hold the necessary insurances. Also obtain at least three written quotations, so that you can get a good idea of how much the project will cost.