Planning an Office Renovation in Singapore
Just like any other kind of renovation work, a business office renovation project in Singapore requires all-encompassing planning, for it to be done successfully as well as in the right way.
While refurbishing an office, it's also wise to ensure that you don't disrupt the workflow. Instead, you will need to close the business enterprise for a couple of days, until the renovation works are concluded. In such a case, this process has to be completed as soon as possible.
Whichever the case, appropriate planning beforehand of an office renovation project, could make the whole difference between a successful and unproductive office renovation.
Stated here are some of the important steps you must consider while renovating your workspace to make sure that actual renovations are done effectively, on time, and to avoid unnecessary costs.
Decide on your Office Renovation goals and prepare yourself for a magnificent Office Renovation project:
Before beginning any office renovation project, you must first determine the reason why you would like the space renovated.
To appreciate the office renovation goals, you should consult your acquaintances and strive to answer these questions:
- What factors may change the schedule of the project? Will the repair take place while the building remains occupied, or will the employees have to vacate the office block first?
- Why do you want the renovation to be carried out? Are you looking forward to improving the infrastructure, structures, updating the finishing, installation of new technology or you simply just want an even better aesthetic appeal of the office space.
- What exterior entities do you need to address? These exterior entities may require the regulatory agencies permission, which might affect the project.
- How much are you currently planning to spend on the project? Does the amount include all necessary expenses or have you saved some funds for contingencies?
- What do you want the office renovation project to attain, depending on the quality? Does the financial plan support this quality expectation?
Such questions will assist you to come up with office renovation objectives that happen to be realistic and achievable within the available time.
Bring Together a Suited Team:
After you might have established the aims of the project, you must come up with a sound team of highly skilled and very experienced professionals, who are capable of completing the office renovation project successfully, and on time.
To begin with, look for the appropriate office renovation team. This means that you must search for a sound and qualified office renovation contractor for your project.
Employing a general contractor at the early stages of the project will provide an accurate test-fit budgeting for your project.
This is because of experienced and skilled office renovation contractors offer valuable advice on the preliminary budget of an office renovation project.
Another respected member of this team is the facility representative or project manager. This member really should be in a position to develop an excellent relationship together with the project team, so that he or she can comfortably get information from the team, concerning the project. The project manager will always be in touch with the interior designer, contractor, and subcontractors to liaise on project tasks, plans, and milestones.
In such a capacity, the project manager can always hold the project team accountable for various duties. It is vital that you establish the appropriate team beforehand, which has the best qualifications, to create a sense of ownership during the office renovations, therefore creating a greater chance of project success.
Evaluate the Building:
With a good team in place, you ought to proceed to evaluate the building to understand its condition, regarding the set objectives. The evaluation procedure should cover the following things:
- The state of the building and its capability to support your office renovations.
- The age plus the operating conditions of the electrical as well as the mechanical systems.
- The accuracy of the previous site evaluations on the actual building.
- The current state of the prevailing utilities.
This assessment is necessary for that; it could lead to the discovery of certain aspects of the building, which might interfere with the office renovation project. For example, the evaluation may find out the presence of lead, asbestos or toxic mold; that may have halted the project.
Formulate a Schedule:
Numerous people have a tendency to avoid this step due to the misconception that the office renovation project should only take a short period.
While formulating this schedule, you must consider the aspects which might disrupt the actual process as well as the exact amount of work that must be accomplished.
For more precise results, you must start with the day the project is expected to get completed and work backwards. An accurate schedule will make sure that your office renovation work progresses smoothly without having to compromise the quality of the work and incur extra expenses.
Finally, it is important that you've got a contingency budget set up for your office renovation project. This affordability is meant to look after any unforeseen setbacks as the project progresses. This budget really should be about 10 percent of the total office renovation project cost. The success of the office renovation project will largely depend upon how well you cover it.
With the aforementioned steps, you are going to accomplish the project successfully, on time and be prepared for any setbacks.