All About Finding a Lighting Electrician
Lighting is an essential need in everyone’s home and provides both aesthetics, and safety. To ensure that you get the most out of your lighting, you will need to make sure that all the lighting in your renovation or update project, is properly installed by a qualified lighting electrician.
Lighting installation is the installation of light fittings in your home or business. A qualified lighting electrician will mostly be used to install the lighting, because electrical systems are involved and there is a certain level of safety evolved. So by hiring an electrician, you will ensure that all the wiring to the lights is wired correctly and safely.
Here is a list of types of lights that you might need installed:
- Dimmer lights
- Combination fans and lights
- Combination exhausts and lights
- Pendant lighting
- Garden lighting
- Exterior lighting
- Security lighting
- Sensor lighting
- Emergency lighting
- Ceiling lights
- Wall lights
There are many types of lights that can work with different bulbs, such as fluorescent, halogen or LED and the electrician will be able to make sure that the fittings are the correct fittings to work with the bulbs that you are using. Once installation is completed, the lighting electrician will test the lights to ensure that the whole electrical system is working, as it should.
Lighting maintenance and servicing can be done on either residential or commercial properties. Commercial properties benefit mostly from these maintenance services. Commercial lighting systems are generally larger and more complicated, which makes it difficult or even unsafe to simply be a DIY project.
Here is a list of lighting maintenance services may need:
- Inspect the lighting on a regular basis
- Give advice on how to improve the lighting and make it more energy efficient
- Make adjustments to lighting to ensure that the workplace or building is safe to use
- Repair flickering lights (these are annoying and can actually be a health hazard
- Ensure that the wiring to the lighting is in good condition and not damaged in any way
- Replacing light globes that have burnt out
- Clean any fittings that have become dirty (dirty fittings affect the quality of the lights and can affect how well they run)
It is vital that a qualified, licensed and insured lighting electrician does maintenance or installations of any lighting for your renovation. If you hire a handyman company, ensure that the handyman company uses qualified electricians to do the work. By do this you will ensure that the work is done in the safest manner as possible, and you’ll have confidence in knowing that the work has been done right the first time round.
Try to get 3 quotes as the rule of thumb, and before accepting a quote, make sure that everything is included in the quote. For example, is it for installation only or is the light fitting/s included in the final price.