All You Need to Know About a Handyman
Have you been putting off some minor upgrades to your home because you simply don't have the time or the ability to do them on your home? If this is the case, it is likely that it is time for you to reach out to a local handyman. If you are wondering exactly what a handyman can do in your home, you will be surprised to find out just how many tasks they can assist with.
What Is a Handyman?
A handyman is a person that has a multitude of home improvement skills and is able to assist you with just brief notice.
What Kinds of Jobs Is a Handyman Able to Do?
Local authorities restrict the activities that handymen are allowed to do. Certain activities require licensing and training and must therefore be performed by a professional in that area and not just a handyman. These activities include:
- Plumbing: Almost any job that involves the plumbing system of your home must be done by a licensed plumber.
- Electricity: electrical wiring and other specialist electrical, a licence electrician must carry out the work.
- Gas fitting: A licensed plumber or gasfitter must do Gas fitting only. This does not mean that a handyman can not assist with jobs that are related to these areas. It simply means that they are not allowed to do these specific activities. If you wanted a handyman to clean your pool drains or install a new home theatre system, they can take care of these tasks.
- Painting: Basic painting jobs, such as changing the paint colour in a room can be handled by a handyman.
- Cleaning: A handyman can assist with regular cleaning jobs or take on a tough cleaning job, such as cleaning a patio.
- Gardening: A handyman can assist with your gardening work and maintain your plants.
- Basic Carpentry: A handyman can assist with basic carpentry jobs, such as wall or shelf hanging. However, a handyman may not assist with any job that compromises the structural integrity of your home.
What Else Can a Handyman do?
Handymen can carry out a huge array of services, here is a list of some things they can do:
- Fitting doors and locks
- Lawn mowing
- Cleaning gutters
- Installing sprinklers and irrigation
- Fitting smoke alarms
- Repairing and maintaining a deck
- Repairing tiles
- Installing sheds
- General carpentry
It is possible that a handyman will be able to do several jobs in a single day, so they will be able to help you tick off that to-do list more quickly.?