What is a Bathroom Contractor?
If you are thinking about renovating your bathroom or toilet, it will be beneficial to engage the services of a bathroom Contractor. Renovating your bathroom should not be considered a chore; but should actually be the catalyst to spend more time spoiling yourself. Fully featured bathrooms are very high on every buyer’s checklist, so renovating you bathroom will undoubtedly increase the value of your property. It is also a good excuse to add a modern or luxury item such as a concealed toilet cisterns, a double basin, electric bidet, shower room or even a larger bath. With careful planning and some inspiration you should be able to do your bathroom renovation with confidence.
What Does a Bathroom Contractor Do?
There is not a lot of difference between a bathroom contractor and a general contractor; the main difference is that bathroom contractors specialise in wet areas. A bathroom contractor understands and knows how to work with the challenges of wet areas, such as showers. Their expertise in bathroom renovation will make sure that the water has some place to drain, and that all areas are waterproofed to ensure that water does not get into the “skeleton” of the home, which can cause structural damage, hazardous mould and mildew.
What Services Do Bathroom Contractors Provide?
Bathroom contractors are able to provide services from designing the bathroom layout right through to completed project.
Here is a list of some of the services a bathroom contractor can provide:
- Design service – A bathroom contractor can do the drawing up of plans and design of the bathroom.
- Planning – They can help with development applications, approvals, and permits where appropriate.
- Sub Contractors – Bathroom contractors can project management your bathroom renovation. They will co-ordinate with sub contractors such as, electricians, plumbers, tillers, carpenters and ensure that the right jobs are completed at the right times.
- Materials – They can help source materials and find you the best deals. Remember they have all the contacts and know where to find the best deals.
- Waterproofing – Bathroom contractors are able to ensure that all areas are waterproofed and watertight.
- Plumbing – They will have good plumbing knowledge and because of this you may not need to hire a sub contractor to do the plumbing.
Hiring a Bathroom Contractor
When you decide to hire a bathroom contractor, there are a few things that you should be aware of. The first thing when getting a quote, is to make sure that the cost of the project includes everything such as, labour costs, the costs of fittings and fixtures, the cost of flooring materials, VAT/GST and so on. Make sure that the time scale to complete the job is included. By doing this, you will have a concrete time scale that you are unable to use your bathroom, allowing you the time to make alternative arrangements. The contractor should always provide you with a detailed written contract and if anything is missing, they should be willing to amend the contract. Lastly make sure that your contractor is correctly licensed, insured, and registered with the relevant authorities.